A2P - Application to Person messaging
P2P - Person to Person messaging
CA Short Codes
- All shortcodes follow the CWTA Handbook Guidelines
- Short Code routes support handset delivery receipts and unicode encoding, long/concatenated messaging on most carriers.
- There is no daily maximum of messages per day restriction on our short code routes and API requests will use your overall throughput allocation.
- As of 2020 Rogers Communications, Vidéotron as well as BCE Inc. (Bell Mobility, PC Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Lucky Mobile, and Bell MTS) are no longer accepting 'General Use' or 'Shared' shortcodes.
- Rogers - decommissioned all 'General Use' except for same vertical
- BCE - is currently grandfathering in all current 'General Use' codes
- Vidéotron - is currently grandfathering in all current 'General Use' codes
- CWTA has advised Sinch that Bell and Rogers will not be approving any cannabis related programs
Other features/restrictions of note:
- All carriers send handset delivery receipts except Eastlink.
- Intermediate DLR (accepted status) will be provided as soon as the message reaches the operator's platform.
All CA Numbers traffic adheres to the CWTA guidelines. For more information please see CWTA Handbook
Canada LVN Long Virtual Number - Local Area Code Numbers