- Has Whatsapp's Opt-in policy changed
- Does Whatsapp require Opt-in?
Facebook has recently implemented have changed a new opt-in policy for Whatsapp Business. They've made this policy more flexible by removing the following requirements for opt-in:
- Obtained on a third party channel
- Opt-in permission obtained in-line and contextually during the relevant user flows
- A visual element (e.g. a checkbox) next to the WhatsApp name and logo, with adjacent language stating the type of information that will be messaged
- Providing the ability to edit which WhatsApp number is used for the opt-in
Now only the below needs to be implemented by businesses:
- Clearly state that a person is opting in to receive messages from the business over WhatsApp.
- Clearly state the business’ name that a person is opting in to receive messages from.
- Comply with applicable laws.
Please see the link below for further details and tips regarding opt-in.