- How do I send WhatsApp templates using Nexmo?
- How do I set up my WhatsApp templates?
- Where do I register my send WhatsApp Templates?
- What do I need to do to send WhatsApp Templates with the Messaging API?
As we've laid out in our Understanding WhatsApp messaging documentation page, after getting in touch with our sales team and registering to use WhatsApp with Nexmo, you will need to create WhatsApp Message Templates (MTMs) to send to your end-users, the goal of this article is to illustrate how to do this:
- First, you will have to navigate in your web browser to the Facebook Business Manager website, here you should be able to click on the dropdown menu at the top of the page and then click on the "WhatsApp manager" link. This will take you to a page where you can manage your company's WhatsApp Business Account. Please find an image Illustrating this below. If you have registered with us, but don't have access to any of this please get in touch with your Account manager or our support team (at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- From here, you can simply click on the Message Templates tab and then the "create Message template" button, this should create a template creation popup on your screen. Here is a link to a page where WhatsApp provide further details on the specific fields you will need to fill to generate a template.
- After your template has approved by WhatsApp (this should take around 24 hours, 48 hours is the longest you might have to wait), you can use this template through our Messages and Dispatch APIs.
- Before you use your template it might be helpful to view this link to an example Curl. The important pieces of information you would need to create your request are:
Your Message Template Namespace (which you can access by clicking on the Namespace button on the "Message Template tab" on the WhatsApp Manager page - you can exactly where it is in the image above).
And, your WhatsApp phone number, which you can find in the "Phone numbers" tab on the WhatsApp Manager Page.
You simply need to use your WhatsApp phone number as your "from" in your request, and add your Namespace to your registered template name and format it in the following way "WhatsApp_namespace:template_name" to make up the "Name" in the template section of your request (for example - if your namespace is "1b46rg10_6e8uf_2d11_06ac_68hf938d313" and your template name is "hello_1", then your "Name" is "1b46rg10_6e8uf_2d11_06ac_68hf938d313:hello_1"). All you have to do now is make sure your template parameters are correct and you should be good to send.
If you have any trouble with this, please get in touch with our support team at email@example.com.