- How long does Nexmo retry inbound WhatsApp messages?
- Does Nexmo queue Messages and Disptach MO and DLRs for me, in case my server is down?
- Why are my delivery receipt callbacks not delivered after 24 hours?
- What happens to my inbound messages if my system has an outage?
- What happens to my delivery receipt callbacks if my system has an outage?
- what is the behaviour of the Messages API if my platform fails to reply to an inbound message with a 200 status code?
Your handler must return a 200 status code to avoid unnecessary callback queuing. Customer webhooks that respond with HTTP 429 or 5XX responses will be attempted again by Vonage: our platform will initially retry callbacks with an interval of ~5s, and back off exponentially to 1min, 5mins, and 15mins for 24 hours. After this, the callback will expire from the queue on our platform and no longer retried.