- Why are my TTS-Prompt API requests failing?
- Why are my Forward to VoiceXML calls failing?
- Why are my VoiceXML calls failing?
- Where is the documentation for Call API / TTS-Prompt?
The Nexmo Call API, TTS-Prompt API and Forward to VoiceXML products have been discontinued as of March 31st, 2018. We endeavored to contact all customers actively using the Call API through January and February, and we apologize if we have missed you.
The Voice API which was first launched in September of 2016 offers customers more functionality and quality than the deprecated product. Discontinuing support for the Call API allows us to better serve our customers by focusing all our resources on further improving the quality and functionality of the Voice API.
Among numerous other features, the new Voice API enables:
* Conferencing - leveraging the simplicity of Nexmo Call Control Objects to create audio conferences with just a few lines of code.
* Integration with new and exciting technologies such as Artificial Intelligence through the use of websockets.
* Refined Proxy Calling controls to keep numbers private and prevent lost revenue from users connecting outside your platform.
* Recording of Calls and Conferences with the control to start and stop recordings mid-conversation.
* Data anonymization and redaction to ensure users’ privacy and meet GDPR compliance standards in preparation for the upcoming May 25, 2018 effective date.
* A superior developer experience with the simplicity and granular control offered through JSON and use of JWTs.
Below you will find all the documentation to construct your new more powerful voice product.
We regret any impact the deprecation of this product may have on your business. If you need assistance with technical issues, please do not hesitate to come back to us.