Nexmo supports porting for US and Canada local numbers
How do I submit my porting request?
For porting up to 50 numbers, you can use Nexmo’s self-service feature: visit the "Numbers" section of Nexmo Dashboard, then click “Port your number” link.
- Supported only for US & Canada numbers
- Please note, this process supports Voice and SMS ports only.
- This process does not support feature ports — i.e. only bringing either voice or SMS capabilities to Nexmo while still keeping your number with your existing provider. For feature port requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be directed to the Vonage Business website to complete your number transfer request
- Some numbers displayed on the Vonage Business website might not be supported by Nexmo (e.g. Fax, Toll free eFax and Toll free Voice/Fax Machine)
- You should select Local Voice/Fax Machine in the "what type of number is this" and "what type of number will it be with Vonage."
- You will receive status updates about your porting request via email when the porting request is accepted, when we have a Firm Order Confirmation Date and when the Port completes. If you have any questions about your order, please contact us at email@example.com
- Ported Numbers are in-differentiable from other numbers in your customer dashboard. We are working to highlight Ported Numbers separately.
- When a ported number is released by you, it will be returned back to the parent carrier
How do I submit a porting request for over 50 numbers?
Porting over 50 numbers is considered a bulk port. To get started, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a few requirements and items to note:
- Supported in US and Canada only
- You can choose to port voice only or voice and sms
What do I need to begin a bulk port request?
To begin a bulk port request, we need the following information:
- Proof of Ownership (Copy of a recent invoice within the last 30 days) and a LOA (Letter of Authorization)
- A list of the numbers you would like to port in .xls format. (US and Canada numbers should be separated in the file)
- The authorized users billing first and last name, billing account number, billing address, and billing telephone number
- Desired port date and time. (Nexmo can not guarantee ports on desired dates but we will make best efforts to accommodate based on the underlying carriers provisioning schedules)
- It is recommended you obtain a CSR (Customer service record) from your current carrier's porting department to help facilitate the porting in of your numbers.
A portability check will be provided to you for all your numbers prior to the port.
How long does it take to complete a porting request?
If no porting rejections, porting requests typically can be processed within the following timelines:
- Up to 50 numbers: 10-12 business days
- 51-100 numbers - 21 business days
- 100+ numbers - up to 30-45 business days
Does Nexmo charge a porting fee?
Porting up to 50 numbers is free of charge using our self-service feature. Please contact your account representative for porting charges over 50 numbers.
Is porting only available for customers who have a registered account with Nexmo with a US number?
No, any customer who has topped up and with a verified 2FA number can request to port their number.
Who do I contact if I have questions related to the porting process or the status of my port?
You can contact email@example.com
Is a ported number monthly leased subscription the same price as a regular Nexmo owned phone number?
When does the monthly subscription start of a ported number?
This subscription becomes active on the date a Firm Order Confirmation is received for your porting request.