- How many outbound calls can I make at the same time?
- What is the maximum number of simultaneous calls you support?
- What is Vonage's outbound voice channel capacity?
- What is the throughput for Voice API requests?
- What is the maximum number of calls per second allowed?
- SIP Trunking
- Voice API
The maximum throughput for Vonage API's outbound SIP trunking is 30 calls per second. If you initiate SIP calls at a faster rate, the call will be rejected, and will not be queued. You would need to lower your call initiation rate and retry the rejected call.
Maximum throughput for the Voice API is handled as follows:
- 3 HTTP POST API requests or Connect actions per second (creating outbound calls)
- 15 HTTP GET / PUT / DELETE API requests per second
If your throughput exceeds this threshold, you will receive HTTP response error code 429, and your request will not be queued. You would need to lower your sending rate and retry the request.
There is no limit to the concurrent capacity of calls for your account, and the limitation is only for calls per second.
Virtual numbers may have their own independent concurrent capacity for inbound calls, depending on the limitations of the local supplier or network. For information on inbound voice capacity, see Inbound Voice Restrictions, Features and Capacity.
If you have a business need for higher call throughputs, contact your Account Manager.