- How can I set up auto-reload payments?
- How can I set up automatic top-ups?
- How can I enable auto-reload?
- How can I automatically top-up my money?
- How can I automatically add credit to my account?
- How can I ensure my account doesn't run out of credit?
You can set up an automatic payment (auto-reload) if you have had the capability on your account. Requests to have this capability available for your account can be created by contacting Nexmo Support.
To set up auto-reload on your account through Dashboard please follow the instructions below.
If you already have a saved credit card, debit card or PayPal payment method:
Go to Billing & Payments
On the right hand section "Auto-reload” enable auto-reload by clicking on the switcher to turn it "ON"
Select your saved payment method from the dropdown
Select your auto-reload threshold and payment amount
Save your settings
If you do not already have a saved payment method:
- Go to Billing & Payments
- Select "Add a new payment method" on the dropdown in the top right hand of the page click “Make payment"
- Select your payment type and enter your payment method billing information
- Complete your payment either through PayPal or by entering your credit card details. Auto-reload is not available for bank transfers
- On the payment success page, right hand side, enable save payment method and auto-reload
- Set you auto-reload threshold and amount and save
Our platform checks your balance every six minutes to trigger an auto-reload payment. Therefore, if you are planning on using a lot of credit within a very short timeframe, we recommend that you increase the auto-reload threshold and increase the payment amount for each auto-reload event.
Not sure if you have a saved payment method?
Go to the Billing & Payments page and you will see a section on the left displaying saved payment methods.
If you do not see auto-reload as an option on the Billing & payments page, contact Nexmo Support to add the capability to your account.
Using the Developer API for payments
See the Developer API documentation to understand implementation. The benefit is that you can manage the auto-reload payment when your account reaches any balance threshold you have set, in the API request, in realtime rather than based on the six minute interval.