**Vonage Customers Using US Shared Short Codes **
T-Mobile and AT&T’s new code of conduct prohibits the use of shared originators, therefore, Shared Short codes will no longer be an acceptable format for A2P messaging.
- Vonage customers using a Shared Short Code, must migrate SMS traffic to either a 10DLC, Toll Free SMS Number, or Dedicated Short Code.
- Vonage customers using our Shared Short Code API must migrate to either our SMS API or Verify API
- Customers using Dedicated Short Codes are not affected by these changes within the scope of 10DLC."
- Do U.S. short codes work outside of the USA?
- Do your US short code API's work outside of the USA?
- Do your US short code API's work in Canada?
Yes and no. U.S. short codes can only reach U.S. subscribers..
For more information see: USA (Direct route): Features & Restrictions