T-Mobile and AT&T’s new code of conduct prohibits the use of shared originators, therefore, Shared Short codes will no longer be an acceptable format for A2P messaging.
- Vonage customers using a Shared Short Code, must migrate SMS traffic to either a 10DLC, Toll Free SMS Number, or Dedicated Short Code.
- Vonage customers using our Shared Short Code API must migrate to either our SMS API or Verify API
- Customers using Dedicated Short Codes are not affected by these changes within the scope of 10DLC."
- Do U.S. short codes work outside of the USA?
- Do your US short code API's work outside of the USA?
- Do your US short code API's work in Canada?
Yes and no. U.S. short codes can only reach U.S. subscribers. However, Nexmo’s 2FA and Alerts pre-approved short code API's can reach both US and Canada mobile phone numbers since we can identify the destination number and change the sender ID as needed.
For more information see: USA (Direct route): Features & Restrictions