Sender ID is limited to shortcode and LVN delivery in France for A2P traffic.
- Transactional Traffic:
All Transactional traffic will be delivered directly to carriers using 38XXX shortcodes used specifically for this traffic type. Please contact your account manager or support to ensure the traffic is identified as such.
- Marketing Traffic:
Marketing or promotional content is limited to certain regulatory conditions and any traffic not identified as transactional will automatically be subject to these, to avoid malfeasance.
- The carriers will only accept delivery between 8am and 8pm local time Monday to Saturday. Traffic sent outside these hours will be rejected.
- Marketing traffic must add 'STOP au 36179' at the end of the SMS or messages will be rejected. Vonage will handle the reply to prevent further messages sent to this number.
- LVN Delivery:
French networks do not allow numeric sender IDs that are not virtual numbers, to avoid spoofing of identities
- For LycaMobile, all Sender IDs will be replaced with a local French Number.
- Outbound messages from French Long Virtual Numbers are throttled at 1 SMS every 2 seconds.
- Nexmo virtual numbers are available in the Numbers tab of the Nexmo Dashboard (only for P2P traffic for France).
- LVNs must only be used for P2P traffic.
- Carriers will block excessive use of these LVNs, over approximately 500 SMS per LVN per day.