The generic meaning of this error (0x0d - 13 - ESME_RBINDFAIL) is Bind Failed.
The error can occur due to bad credentials, mis-matched zone or account not smpp enabled.
For mis-matched zone refer to article: Which host and port do I use to connect to Nexmo SMPP server?
For accounts that are not smpp enabled, contact support.
For error due to Bad credentials, try out the following:
- Ensure the password (API Secret) follows the below guideline
- Min 8 and max 10 characters
- Alphanumeric Characters (a-z , A-Z and 0-9) only
- Minimum 1 lower case character
- Minimum 1 upper case character
- Minimum 1 digit
- Restrict the API Secret to the number of password characters limited by the server/proxy in which the smpp bind configurations are set up. For eg: Kannel limits passwords to 8 characters, hence must change API secret to 8 characters.