- What character sets are supported or SMPP?
- How can I send SMS in Russian/Chinese/Korean/Hebrew using SMPP?
- What encoding should I use for my SMPP SMS?
Any characters that are not part of the Latin 1 character set (or whichever character set you to have your default set as) will need to have the SMS encoding defined for them before they will send correctly.
By default, SMPP accounts are provisioned with Latin 1 ( ISO-8859-1) character encoding when they are first set up.
Binary and Unicode (UCS-2) are supported as per the SMPP 3.4 specifications.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would want to change the character encoding.
Without the support of the € symbol:
- Latin 1 ( ISO-8859-1): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859-1#Codepage_layout
With the support of the € symbol:
- Latin-9 ( ISO-8859-1): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859-15#Codepage_layout
- UTF-8 : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8