- How to forward calls using Voice API
- How to forward calls to a SIP endpoint
- How to forward calls to my mobile/cell/landline number
You have three options for handling inbound calls to a Nexmo voice-enabled virtual number (DID). You may forward the call to:
1) an Voice API Application
2) another voice-enabled number directly
3) a SIP URI
Forward to Application (Voice API)
1) You can configure the application ID in Dashboard, by setting "Voice Setting" to "Forward to APP", once you have created your application using the Application API, referencing your NCCO and Event endpoints.
When we receive the call, we connect your call and run the parameters specified in your NCCO. You can play text-to-speech, play audio, create voicemails, start conferences, IVR menus and much more.
Example use cases can be found on our Tutorials.
Forward to Phone
2) You can configure the forwarding number in Dashboard, by setting the "Voice Setting" to "Forward to Phone" and entering a number in international format.
Forward to SIP
3) You can configure the forwarding address in Dashboard, by setting the "Voice Setting" to "Forward to SIP" and entering the SIP URI using an IP address email@example.com, or domain firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no authentication for inbound calls, however you can limit the requests to only our subnets.