- How to forward calls using Voice API
- How to forward calls to a SIP endpoint
- How to forward calls to my mobile/cell/landline number
You have three options for handling inbound calls to a Vonage API voice-enabled virtual number. You may forward the call to:
1) a Voice API Application
2) a voice-enabled PSTN number
3) a SIP URI
Forward to an Application (Voice API)
1) You can link a number to an Application in Dashboard by selecting the "Link" button next to the number(s) you want to associate with that application.
When we receive the call, we connect your call and run the parameters specified in your NCCO. You can play text-to-speech, stream audio files, create voicemails, start conferences, IVR menus, and much more.
You can find example use cases in our documentation.
Forward to Phone
2) You can configure the forwarding number in Dashboard by setting the "Voice Setting" to "Forward to Phone" and entering a number in E.164 format, without the international access shortcut "+".
Forward to SIP
3) You can configure the forwarding address in Dashboard by setting the "Voice Setting" to "Forward to SIP" and entering the SIP URI using an IP address email@example.com or domain firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no authentication for inbound calls; however, you can limit the requests to our subnets.