- How can I set up my account to receive SMS from my users?
- Can I have a 2 way conversation with my customers?
- How are inbound MOs handled?
To receive an inbound SMS you need to:
- Buy a virtual number from Nexmo for your market of interest
- Set up a Webhook URL, either at the account level or on each individual number
- We will forward every SMS you receive on the number to your Webhook URL
Inbound Messages are sent using a GET or POST HTTP request to your Webhook URL. When you receive an inbound message, you must send a 200 OK response. If you do not send the 200 OK, Nexmo resends the inbound message for the next 24 hours.
For details on what information you receive for every inbound SMS, check our SMS API Inbound messages documentation.