- Will I be charged for rejected messages?
- How much do REJECTD messages cost?
- Why have I been charged for a message that was not delivered?
Nexmo will charge for any message placed for delivery regardless of its final delivery status.
We don't charge if a message request is rejected by our platform, which might happen due to:
- Exceeding maximum throughput
- Incorrect api secret or key
- Insufficient credit in your account
- Missing required parameters (from, to, message body, api key or secret)
We will charge you if your message is accepted by our platform, even if the message fails to be delivered or is rejected by our carriers due to:
- Phone is unreachable
- Phone is on roaming service
- Invalid destination
- Destination number is no longer assigned to a user
- Exceeding maximum throughput for the local carrier
- Message was caught in spam filter, etc.