What is the difference between Vonage Verify and other Vonage APIs such as SMS and TTS?
- Verify API
Vonage Verify enables you to establish whether one of your end users has access to a specific phone number through testing with a PIN code to enter into their application or website. That PIN code is sent by Vonage via SMS and/or TTS (Text-To-Speech call).
Vonage Verify hides all the complexity and takes care of:
- Delivering verification messages and calls
- Failover management using the optimal workflow (sequence and timing of attempts) across Voice- TTS (Text-To-Speech) and SMS
- PIN generation and expiration handling
- Template management: localized in 23 languages for SMS and TTS and optimize, depending on the delivery method
- Simple pay per conversion and pricing
Alternatively, you are able to utilize our SMS and TTS APIs but you will need to build, maintain, and manage the above capabilities.